1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fab things for school 2009-10!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sillow, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

Can anyone tell me where I can get a date stamper? I really like the idea of the gaining the time I spend writing it 20 times back. Thanks

2. Miss Piggywig

Oh sorry just found one on PTS £4.95. Thats got to be worth it, now just the problem of all the other things I end uo getting at well, thinking wrist bands for my star of the day.[​IMG]

3. kellyegg

kellyegg New commenter

cor how depressing talking about school preparations with holiday time still left. I am a primary teacher and I have to say i hate these little mumsy ideas. i'll roll up on the first day of inset and then think what I might like.

4. Hi, saw some recently in Poundland ~ for a pound! [​IMG]

5. That was date stampers for £1 in Poundland [​IMG] x

6. pink6962002 where did you get the 3 drawer plastic stacking units? I am having real trouble finding some desk tidies for each table as they all seem to be too small.

7. I have bought some of those flat boxes with lids from IKEA for tables. They have sectioned off bits inside so you can put pencils/colour pencils etc.

8. I know they have already been mentioned but I have brought the packs of novelty pencils with matching rubbers from Tesco (2 for £1)
    packs of felt pens (2 for £1) also from Tesco.
    I have also ordered plastic tablebloths for art (instead of newspaper) from ebay they have an amazing selection of colours and including P&P they were just over £2 each.
    Click here
    Asda also had large glass jars with screw on lids for £1 which i will be using as my new lollistick jar and I brought a second for my treat jar!
    They also had small cylindrical plastic (tupperware like) containers for 75p each which are the perfect size for storing wax crayons on end or pastels etc..
    Home Store had packs of 12 sparkly pencils for 99p each or 3 for £2. I am always dubious of these as they never seem to sharpen well, but these have passed the test! LOL

9. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I'm keen to have a rewards chart, where I can add daily/weekly rewards to individual kids. Has anyone seen one of these on their travels, that's quite cheap? It would have enough space for each child's name and maybe 30-50 boxes for stickers or for me to colour in. I don't want to have to make one; I did that for my final teaching practice and it took ages!
    Thanks in advance!

10. tesco and WHSmiths do reward charts but i'm not sure how much space they have or how good they are.

11. I've had a couple of nice class charts from superstickers.com they are under ?2 I think - although P&P will obviously be on top (don't recall it being too much though!)

12. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Thanks for the ideas and links, great charts to choose from. And I'm seriously loving the wristbands idea... Why haven't I seen those before? I'm off to buy some gold, silver and bronze award ones!

13. Hi everyone,
    I want to make my reading corner look really nice. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells cheap cushions and rugs? (or anything else good for reading corners).
    Thanks!
    K x

14. yep got mine on mon from poundland happy days !!!

15. I bought clay today in Lidl (plasticine- always bought it from woolworths in past) 10 strips (various colours) for 99p.

16. Re cushions and rugs - I got mine from IKEA in May, can't remember how much exactly but got 3 smaller and 3 longer cushions, all washable; also got a 'rug' that is actually a bathmat in the shape of a fish - the class loved it all!
    Hope this helps! Otherwise, check out any pound stores as they always have a selection of stuff!
    J[​IMG]

17. Miss Piggywig

Wow I will have to have a look, I hope there is a pound land in leeds.