1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fab things for school 2009-10!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sillow, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

There seem to be new Poundland stores all over the place - sign of the times I suppose.

2. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shoe-Storage-Organiser-Footwear-Caddy_W0QQitemZ250439828581QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Storage?hash=item3a4f608465&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Shoes storage hangers for paint £1.50 here!

3. Would you be able to let me know the name/code of the flat boxes please Tilly Banana? Thank you

4. Excellent - my kids love using post its for sharing ideas. They're ace for working walls and I've been looking for larger ones for writing. thanks.

5. Hi,
    thanks for all the really useful ideas and suggestions on here.
    I was in The Entertainer last week and picked up a tin containing flash cards for all four maths operations. There are 50 in each set and will be really useful for quick-fire warm-ups [I always struggle to come up with random sums]. they were a bargain at £3.
    Also, my local branch of Smiths were having a clear-out and I managed to pick up some packs of 180 stickers for 20p! They are the ones produced by SuperStickers. Might be worth a quick look.
    KC

6. IKEA have cute blue and purple cushions for 69p each at the moment, cheap enough to fill your reading areas!

7. I use plastic baskets from Wilkinson's, cheap and colourful, plus hold all books for a subject (provided you have less than 30!) They have all different sizes too for storing other items in.

8. If anyone lives in the north east there is a warehouse called usave on portrack lane in stockton. They currently have loads of teacher resources (don't know how long they'll be there though). Things like the stampers that cost about £4 were 69p.

9. Hi! I was in Primark the other day and came across a pop up laundry bin for children in the form of a duck with 3D beak, wings and flipppers! It looks adorable and also came in a ladybird. It was £2.50 and I thought it would make good classroom storage for skipping ropes / balls that we use for our take tens. Probably more aimed for KS1 and not sure how sturdy it would be to move when full but would liven up any classroom. They also had an army themed one and I think another style in pink for a similar price.

10. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Thanks for the Poundland suggestions - I went in there today and got loads of great bits and bobs!

11. do you need a to be a menber or be registered to use the USave?
    [​IMG]

12. Au Naturel sells cutlery tidies that are a great as pencil pots. Ar ange of colours and only a quid! x

13. No you dont have to be registered touse Usave and you don't have to pay to go in or anthing :)

14. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I bought tupperware type boxes with lids in Ethel Austin today for 50p. Have got my fingers crossed that coloured pencils etc will fit into them, but still they will come in very handy for something I am sure.

15. Thanks jsjw - i went to USave and bought a load of the stampers which have saved me a fortune! I also got lots of arty bits, some great padded floor cushions for my reading corner and a huge bucket of clay for just £4.99!
    Thanks for the advice [​IMG] I'll be going again!

16. Just found some dressing up outfits (police, fire, doctor etc) in a catalogue that came through my door. They are just over £10 and although not the greatest quality would be a good start for roleplay. The website is 24studio.co.uk but the prices seem slightly higher on there (still £12 for 5 outfits in a case though!).
    Also I bought 2 individual chalkboard type things in Poundworld yesterday for a pound each (obviously). Again not going to last forever but will do nicely for my School topic.
    Poundworld also has the date stampers mentioned previously.

17. Your welcome Miss Black. I'm planning on a trip back there. They had loads of arty things that were fab.

18. fieldy24

fieldy24 New commenter

Just want to echo what jsjw posted abougt shop called USave in Stockton - loads of bargains - seems to be lots of educational suppliers' surplus etc.. worth a visit if you live near!

19. Me too silver - £160 in the last week (am feeling a bit miffed you may be able to tell). No hope whatsoever of getting this back. Is this all schools then? I can't help feeling that things like sand timers/ book corner books/wet play stuff should be part of the budget not my second year wages...
    I figured I'll just have to wear the same tired old clothes to school and forgo (spell?) a much needed haircut- the classroom has more relevance to the kiddlers than what their teacher looks like I hope.