1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

F454 Computing Project ideas and help please

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by rosieDurnall, May 23, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am trying to sort out some project ideas for my year 12's to think about and start when they return from study leave after half term. We have been using Python so far this year and they have picked up the language well.
    My current year 13's did quite boring projects which meant that they switched off and didn't quite acheive what they were expecting. I don't want that to happen again and seeing as this is only my second time through, I want to start these projects off right.
    I was thinking of suggesting revision games/teaching games for different subjects in school such as maths and some of the other teachers are interested in this, especially for their SEN groups (one maths teacher loves the idea of a multiplication game for her SEN group). I thought that this could be done either using Python with PyQT as the GUI or they could use ActionScript 3 in Flash (which most of the students have a small knowledge of already). My HOD loves the idea of them creating mobile phone apps but I am not sure what the best way of producing these would be.
    Can anyone give me some advice about what sort of projects your students have done in the past and any suggestions for the mobile phone apps. Will a teaching game written in Python or ActionScript be enough coding for the project?
    Thanks for any advice,
    Liz

2. Hi,
    I am trying to sort out some project ideas for my year 12's to think about and start when they return from study leave after half term. We have been using Python so far this year and they have picked up the language well.
    My current year 13's did quite boring projects which meant that they switched off and didn't quite acheive what they were expecting. I don't want that to happen again and seeing as this is only my second time through, I want to start these projects off right.
    I was thinking of suggesting revision games/teaching games for different subjects in school such as maths and some of the other teachers are interested in this, especially for their SEN groups (one maths teacher loves the idea of a multiplication game for her SEN group). I thought that this could be done either using Python with PyQT as the GUI or they could use ActionScript 3 in Flash (which most of the students have a small knowledge of already). My HOD loves the idea of them creating mobile phone apps but I am not sure what the best way of producing these would be.
    Can anyone give me some advice about what sort of projects your students have done in the past and any suggestions for the mobile phone apps. Will a teaching game written in Python or ActionScript be enough coding for the project?
    Thanks for any advice,
    Liz