1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

F211 Paper OCR Biology

Discussion in 'Science' started by ScienceGuy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

I am wondering what other colleagues felt about this paper. Having looked at it, it seems to be quite a tricky paper with less breadth and more in depth questioning. What do you think?

2. ScienceGuy

In certain ways it was similar in style to the F215 paper last summer which had relatively poor coverage across all the topics but wanted huge amounts of detail from a couple of subjects (Nitrogen cycle / Hedgehogs!).
    Having seen the equivalent physics paper yesterday which had only one question that my Yr 11 physicists could not make a good attempt at it seems that the biology examiners are moving in a different direction to their colleagues in the other science subjects

3. ScienceGuy

Having seen the F212 paper it seems that we have a new trend of greater depth and much less breadth. I am surprised at the lack of biochemistry (17 marks out of 100 of which 9 were on water!) and there was a horrible questionon LDL and HDL