1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

F2 lesson observation without a TA

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by I_Love_Books78, Sep 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I_Love_Books78

I_Love_Books78 New commenter

Hello there,
    I am going to be observed teaching an F2 class however when I phoned to ask questions about the class I was told that there wont be a teaching assistant. I had planned 4 different activities - 1 teacher supported, 1 teaching assistant supported and the other 2 independent. Now I'm wondering whether I need to have the children work in pairs to support each other since there's no additional adult. There are 18 children and 4 tables. None of the children are SEN. How many activities would you have? How would you arrange the children?

Thanks

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

How long is the lesson.

I'd have very practical activities and maybe some of the class playing to be honest.

18 children could well be organised with half the class with you and half playing, then swap over.
    Or half doing an activity with you and half an independent activity.

I'd try for three groups with so few children.

3. I_Love_Books78

I_Love_Books78 New commenter

Thanks for your reply Caterpillar to Butterfly. The lesson is only 30 minutes with a 10-15 minute input. I have some very practical, fun activities planned. There are 4 tables but I could do half doing independent shape activities and half with me. That makes sense. I am an experienced teacher but because it’s an observation I seem to be questioning or overthinking everything.