1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

F****** Renault design

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Mar 19, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Had to change a blown headlight bulb in my Megane cabriolet! Took an hour, now bleeding from fingers and no skin on wrist!

To access the back of the lamp cluster you have to remove the front wheeel, take of a small panel in the wheel arch. Then wriggle your hand past various sharp brackets. Then to have to remove the cover, grab hold of a very sharp peice of stell, push and twist at the same time. Then the wires are only long enough that you can't get the fitting through the access panel. Don't touch the bulb the instructions say! Bloody joke!

Took over an hour to do a 5 minute job!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer minor has the new Megane. They have fixed this problem. You take out a couple of bolts and the whole headlight assembly comes out on a runner so you can get behnd it.

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

They showed this and indicated it as **** design on Fifth Gear. Renaults are ****, I have never found one desirable enough to buy one. GF got saddled with a Clio once, it was not only complete sh!te, it was actually dangerous. It went were it belonged; scrapyard.

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Addendum: try my motorcycle headlight, probably just as fiddly and requires small hands.

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

sounds like the design on my old corsa and fiesta...makes like easy!

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

It's alright for you, you could have crawled in through the panel and fixed it from the inside!

7. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

well there is that added bonus...

8. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

I used to have a Megane cabriolet and unlike you do not do my own repairs! The local Renault dealership closed down and when it failed its MOT for a bulb the garage said it needed a special tool and I had to book it into the dealership 30 mins drive away to get it sorted. I traded my Megane in for a Corsa. Kinda missing it on a sunny day like today though ...

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Mine leaks - when the rain blows a certain way, it comes in through the top of the windows. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking of giving it one last summer then changing it, but I love driving with the top down.