1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

F.A.O. Curly-haired people. I have found the perfect product!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I cannot tell you how many products I have tried to reduce frizz and make it curly. Every time I shop I try something new. Loreal Frizz reducing shampoo/con. was the last. Before that, John-Frieda's Frizxz Ease range, before that Charles Worthington, before that Denise Mc.Adam etc. etc. I think I have done them all, and it's been flipping expensive. Plus the cost of adding in serum and the like and it is asmall fortune for pretty minimal results.
    Until now!!! [​IMG]
    I found, for £1.49 in my homebargains store, Urban therapy's Twisted Sista Curl Activator. It's a cream (goes on white but no residue), and it does what it says on the tin. Or tube in this case :)
    Put it on when hair was damp, split into section and twisted. it took about ten minutes (relatively short hair- just below collar maybe) and left to dry. Many curls, no frizz, no stiffness, no wet look. Beautiful soft curls :) i am soooooo happy. Have booked in Wednesday for a hair cut, and can hopefully now get the curly bob I have wanted for ages.
    The kids in school today were asking me if I had curled my hair :) (supply, not been there forever).
    Had to share it, because it has cost me a fortune and been a source of huge frustration. Now bugger the 'you should straighten it' brigade, I have proper curls and no frizz.
    http://www.thevanitybag.co.uk/Urban-Therapy-Twisted-Sista-Curl-Activator-Cream-Moisturiser-Eliminate-Frizz-100ml.html
    hyperlink doo-dah seems to have broken sorry. Copy and paste it is.

2. dominant_tonic

I cannot tell you how many products I have tried to reduce frizz and make it curly. Every time I shop I try something new. Loreal Frizz reducing shampoo/con. was the last. Before that, John-Frieda's Frizxz Ease range, before that Charles Worthington, before that Denise Mc.Adam etc. etc. I think I have done them all, and it's been flipping expensive. Plus the cost of adding in serum and the like and it is asmall fortune for pretty minimal results.
    Until now!!! [​IMG]
    I found, for £1.49 in my homebargains store, Urban therapy's Twisted Sista Curl Activator. It's a cream (goes on white but no residue), and it does what it says on the tin. Or tube in this case :)
    Put it on when hair was damp, split into section and twisted. it took about ten minutes (relatively short hair- just below collar maybe) and left to dry. Many curls, no frizz, no stiffness, no wet look. Beautiful soft curls :) i am soooooo happy. Have booked in Wednesday for a hair cut, and can hopefully now get the curly bob I have wanted for ages.
    The kids in school today were asking me if I had curled my hair :) (supply, not been there forever).
    Had to share it, because it has cost me a fortune and been a source of huge frustration. Now bugger the 'you should straighten it' brigade, I have proper curls and no frizz.
    http://www.thevanitybag.co.uk/Urban-Therapy-Twisted-Sista-Curl-Activator-Cream-Moisturiser-Eliminate-Frizz-100ml.html
    hyperlink doo-dah seems to have broken sorry. Copy and paste it is.

3. I have always had very curly hair - I was in fashion in the 70's and never since. Now I am older the problem has disappeared.

4. dominant_tonic

I know - I keep waiting for it to come back. i had it straightened in Korea last year, and loved it,. but I was desperately missing my curls in the end, and am so glad they are back :) Even happier now that this stuff works! Hate thatif talking about hair, wveryone recommends a good straightening product, as if you are not allowed to be curly![​IMG]
    I loved my hair striaight - for the first time ever was very confident about it, but will be so again with curls now ;-)
    Why is your's not a problem anymore? Am I just being dense??
    edit - ah. I see. I assume you are a bloke then! Oh my gosh, this school will be the death of me! Roll on Easter.

5. errr..... cos I'm a bloke.

6. dominant_tonic

okay okay - lose the sarcasm please. I did edit the post, and even left it there for people to get the humour from :) Be nice - it's a long long supply week in a difficult school, and not breaking-up until Thursday - my poor brain is fried.[​IMG]

7. I don't see how you can see any sarcasm in a simple statement of fact - because none was intended.

8. dominant_tonic

Okay - I admit defeat. Sometimes I do read TES posts with a different slant than one intended. I think it was the 'err...' that I read as sarcastic - You obviously didn't mean it as such. Sorry.
    I thought it was quite funny that I didn't realise that you were male until after I posted. You would not believe the though processes that went into trying to work out why it was no longer a problem. Wondered about medication for thyroid or similar, if I had totally gaffed and maybe you were undergoing chemo and had lost your hair! All sorts, but never though about you being a bloke!
    Easter hols can not come soon enough.
    Sorry for any offence.

9. None taken at all. Enjoy your hols.

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

A razor is the perfect solution to curly hair [​IMG]

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

They never can - Xmas to Easter is a complete bar steward of a term!!

12. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I use salon stuff on mine - and it looks best the day I wash it (I'm just too lazy to wash it every day!!). At the moment I'm using keratese fresh curls, but I also use tigi stuff for curly hair - that and a leave in conditioner, a serum and a curl creme!! I need something a bit heavier to keep the curls rather than going straight to candy floss! always keen to hear of something that works!!

13. I have curly hair, but only in one spot which I would rather not mention

14. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Pah! (effects strange accent and narrowed eyes) You do know the difficulties experienced by the curly haired in the evasion of frizz...

15. dominant_tonic

You sound like me clear air! I reckon that despite the fact that there are less curly haired peol than straight, we probably buy more products. It has made my day!! Hope it helps.
    Made me laugh - a lot! :) Very very true.

16. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

[​IMG]
    All in the product, darlink, all in the product...

17. I am going to try this. Up to now my favourites have been:
    Body Shop Grape Seed serum
    Moroccan Oil (quite new fave, much heavier, stops frizz but can look a little crispy)
    L'Oreal Mythic Oil (newest fave, discovered it a week ago)

18. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I've yet to find anything as effective (or as cheap) as Boots Curl Creme. A big pot is about £2 and lasts for months. I wash and condition my hair, brush it while wet, smear a 50p size dollop of the creme over my fingers then comb them through my hair. Then, I shake my hair from the roots and leave it to dry by itself.
    If I don't use the creme, it looks like a frizzy, long afro. If I do use it, my hair looks like this. (Excuse the Daria face.... trying to stay a little anonymous)
    [​IMG]

19. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Right, I'm off to get me some Boots curl creme! I wish my hair sat as nicely as yours, sleighbelle!

20. I am not particuarly curly haired but that twisted sista stuff is also on sale in savers, I've seen it. I have wavy hair so can go straight or curly.