1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFSP scores - summary for parents how do you give to parents?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minilady, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I am covering Year R at very short notice and been given these to give out to parents. There isn't a covering letter to explain and I feel that many parents will question me about what the scores mean and why their child has 4 for writing and another child has 8.
    I am going to sugget to the Head tomorrow that we attach a brief explanation to the summary sheets - just wondered what other teachers do?
    If you send a letter how much detail do you go into? Many thanks :)

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I explain it individually at parent's evening.

3. that's what i would have done however the school i'm covering for doesn't have a summer parents eve - reports are simply given out!

4. We send out bar graphs that show where they are in each area with a key explaining and a brief paragraph explaining that 6 points are seen as national average. We encourage them to look more at their actual profiles and what they have achieved rather than get fixated on graphs and so far so good, but some parents need more work than others!