1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFSP question

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kat38, Dec 9, 2011.

1. When do you first fill in the profile? I am filling it in for the first time now, and then termly so will have 'results' for Dec, Mar and Jun based on my observations over the term but I have just been told I also need to enter baseline data for September too. Well, I did not know the children in september so have only very sketchy evidence and only for a few profile points. Is it normal practice to enter data in September?
    Thanks again for any help
    Kat x

2. When do you first fill in the profile? I am filling it in for the first time now, and then termly so will have 'results' for Dec, Mar and Jun based on my observations over the term but I have just been told I also need to enter baseline data for September too. Well, I did not know the children in september so have only very sketchy evidence and only for a few profile points. Is it normal practice to enter data in September?
    Thanks again for any help
    Kat x

3. Hi,
    I enter data in October which reflects my children's on entry point score. Some children score hardly anything because as you pointed out they are still settling in and we are still getting to know them. However these scores form the on entry figures! I have just entered more point scores now, and will enter again mar or april and then june.