1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS tracking/assessment

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by clockrow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I would be interested to hear from anybody who is using an electronic tracking/assessment tool for the new EYFS. I read on here that one of the pilot schools use one, but cannot now find the link! Any information would be useful - I am looking to cut down on printing, writing, photocopying etc!!
    thanks!

2. We have a brilliant excel based application that is extremely easy to use and has everything in one place. My husband developed it for us.It allows you to assess individual children or whole class or age group as needed. It generates reports and can be used by teachers, leaders and head teachers for different data analysis and reporting. It is suitable for pre-schools and reception classes as it has all the age related statements up to NC. This was developed specifically for our school with the new EYFS statements but is readily available for any school. Anybody wanting more info can reply here and I can pass on details via email. I have found it really useful and easy to use with NO PAPER WORK!!! ( unless needed).

3. sounds good would like to see x

4. We use an app that can be used on iPads or similar to record observations for children. It is stored online and all the children have their own profile. It can cost a little bit of money initially but we are really pleased with how well it is going. It is called. 2build a profile and is from 2simple.

5. Hi, Im a reception teacher and am currently using a spreadsheet, but it doesnt produce graphs etc, i'd be interested in what your husband has created.
    Thanks

6. I'd love to see your system it sounds fantastic! Thanks x

7. I would be interested to see this excel sheet.
    I have PM-ed you

8. Glynndp I would really like to see the excel sheet which your husband has devised for FS please. We re spending so much time on assessing now and finding it very frustrating! My email is chriswindscheffel@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you very much.

9. Please could I have details please my email is nanditathind@btinternet.com
    Many thanks

10. Hi
    I was about to start putting together a new spreadsheet for the profile. However if you are able to email me more info on yours I would be most grateful. It could mean that I may get some free holiday days away from school work!
    email: bevharrold@yahoo.co.uk

11. Hi Glynndp
    I'm starting a new role in January and would love to see your excel spreadsheet!
    meenaowusu@btinternet.com
    Many thanks

12. If I could see your spread sheet, I would be very grateful. I am an NQT in reception and this will be my second term - still feel like I'm floundering!
    little.rach@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks x

13. Hi this sounds brilliant. Could I have a copy please cathdanson@hotmail.com. thanks!

14. Would love to know more about this! Sounds great.

15. I would love to have a look too, thanks :) islawebster@hotmail.com