1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS to KS2

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by biscuitspread, Jun 27, 2019.

1. biscuitspread

biscuitspread New commenter

I found out a few weeks ago that my TA contract is not being renewed next year due to budget cuts, it's a shame as I love the school I'm currently in.

I'm now applying for a role in KS2 but my only experience is 6 months in EYFS (FS1). I think I would be suited to KS2 (more structured learning than learning through play) but I don't have a clue how to get that across to people, and it's been a long time since I was in primary school myself. Please could someone talk me through the differences between EYFS, KS1 and KS2 lessons so that I can write as good a personal statement as possible.

What would a TA be expected to do in these year groups - much less play-dough to scrape out of the carpet, I'm sure.

These might seem like obvious things I should know, and I feel silly asking, but I'm new to the profession and desperately want to be shortlisted for this role.

TIA