1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Sharing in Numeracy

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by saturday1234, Jun 24, 2015.

1. saturday1234

saturday1234 New commenter

Hi there, I would appreciate some help or ideas for activities I could have set up in my classroom for an observation I have next week. I am teaching sharing items equally for numeracy.

Our topic for the week is the tiger who came to tea, so I am going to talk about how the tiger was greedy and should have shared the food equally. Then have my teddy bear with a birthday, he needs to share out some party bag items (bring children up) how should he do this?

As my adult-led activity was going to have a sheer for children to cut and stick food items they are sharing between the tiger tea characters. As TA adult-led, going to set up a little "tea party" table where she and the children can share items between them equally e.g. I have 8 pieces of cake, how should we share it etc.

Are there any other independent activities I could set up around the classroom relating to sharing? Even just one to go along with choosing?

Thanks.