1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Professional Development

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by aislingp, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,

I work in a small International school in a non English speaking country. We follow the British Curriculum. I have just been made Early Years co-ordinator. It is my first time in a management type post. I am Early years trained and work in the Nursery class. I do like the school, however Professional development is very weak at the school. They can't afford to fly teachers to conferences in the UK and there are very few opportunities to have Professional development in English from the Universities.

However, I follow a number of Educational blogs, the TES and the FSF but what else can I do? I would love to direct my team to some good quality websites, or use some info for 'in house' professional development. Books relating to current research are expensive and amazon products do not always turn up!

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

2. Hello everyone,

I work in a small International school in a non English speaking country. We follow the British Curriculum. I have just been made Early Years co-ordinator. It is my first time in a management type post. I am Early years trained and work in the Nursery class. I do like the school, however Professional development is very weak at the school. They can't afford to fly teachers to conferences in the UK and there are very few opportunities to have Professional development in English from the Universities.

However, I follow a number of Educational blogs, the TES and the FSF but what else can I do? I would love to direct my team to some good quality websites, or use some info for 'in house' professional development. Books relating to current research are expensive and amazon products do not always turn up!

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

3. Nursery World is very good!

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter