1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Policies

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by flora66, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I work in a 2 form entry primary school where our F Stage was recently judged as good. However the inspector recommended that one of our next steps would be to produce separate policies for our Foundation Stage as it is very different to the rest of the school. Does anyone have this at their school, or recommend what headings these policies would have? We currently only have one Foundation Stage Policy and I have been unable to find anything online.

2. I work in a 2 form entry primary school where our F Stage was recently judged as good. However the inspector recommended that one of our next steps would be to produce separate policies for our Foundation Stage as it is very different to the rest of the school. Does anyone have this at their school, or recommend what headings these policies would have? We currently only have one Foundation Stage Policy and I have been unable to find anything online.

3. Hiya, I'm anticipating being asked to produce a FS policy soon too so was pleased to find one in the resources by bubbly1981 that looks pretty good.

www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=3014223

Thanks bubbly you're a super star [​IMG]

4. Apologies for being dippy, I misread and didn't realise you already had a FS pol 'til I hit post!! That'll teach me not to read carefully......would be interested in seeing your policy though if you wld be kind enough to share?

Thanx Px

5. We are in the process of seeing what is covered in the school policies, to see what else needs to be covered. I think the main issue is making sure that the Welfare Standards are covered, which do not need to be for main school. Statutary guidance is useful for what we need.

We have a Learning Leader attached to our school through our Children's Centre, she has been very helpful and is advising us of the extra policies that we need (it is a list of nearly 2 A4 sides!)

Otherwise would local schools, LEA be able to advise?

6. I am in the process of updating various policies, and was wondering if there was a definitive or recommended list of policies that a school should have concerning the EYFS.
    I have a general EYFS policy, but wasn't sure about the 'collection policy', 'administering medicines', etc, or is it ok that the school has general policies for things such as those mentioned?
    Also, what about risk assessments....is there a definitive/recommended list of these?
    Thanks in advance.