1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS New Early Learning Goals Consultation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lizdot, Jan 19, 2020.

1. lizdot

lizdot New commenter

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

You beat me to it. There's a really good response from Early Education, in addition to the above link
    https://www.early-education.org.uk/...ions-draft-response-consultation-revised-eyfs

It's vital the we respond to this, not just teachers but anyone working in the EYFS or with a interest in our youngest children.
    I think it's a step backwords, two ELGS for number but none for shape space and measure, 3 for literacy but only 2 for communication. Far too much emphasis on 'things learned from books', or being read to in class. No technology.
    I can't see how it will do anything to reduce inequality and narrow the gap.

Removing moderation, what will be there instead? Anything? Nothing? What about teachers new to reception?not all schools or MATS are supportive or understand the EYFS. Sometimes moderation clusters are the only time reception teachers get out of school.

What are others thinking?

3. littlejackhorner

littlejackhorner Occasional commenter

I have had a quick look and it made me feel quite sad. It's looking more and more like EYFS is simply a preparation for the very structured approach in Year One. My only hope is that everything comes full circle in the end and hopefully a government in the future will recognise the importance of early childhood development and the need for a play based curriculum.

4. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

It will do. It always does.