1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Job interview observation tips

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by german_1, Jul 4, 2019.

1. german_1

german_1 New commenter

Morning,
    I have an interview next week and this is my vague plan so far, I would appreciate any tips and honest feedback. (lesson is 30 mins)

Introduction Gruffalo puppet book (they have already studied the story so they should remember it hopefully). (5 mins max)
    Activities (20) they can choose from:

textures trays with letters they can practise forming (rice crispies, sand, glitter)
    playdough with cocoa in, make a 3D gruffalo adding buttons and purple spikes
    writing activity - writing on wall paper (I have done this before in my class and the kids loved it, but using wall paper at tables is less easy to do. Am I shooting myself in the foot, allowing them to write on the floor?? Want to inspire writing, drawing, mark making and labeling. Anything from the story. Thoughts????? (I was going to stay at this station.)
    TA - retelling the story, with the orig. book to help and hopefully characters or pictures of characters from the book.

Should I have an activity on the white board for them? or using ipads?

Plenary is simply what have we done and had a go at? max 4-5 mins

Please be honest, if you think it is terrible, let me know!
    Thank you!

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Do you know if it will be with Nursery, Reception, or a mixed class?

3. german_1

german_1 New commenter

Hi. It’s reception 18 children and a TA.