1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eyfs interview

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by SarahMarie1995, Jun 18, 2019.

1. SarahMarie1995

SarahMarie1995 New commenter

Hi all,

I have an interview that I'm super excited about. They ask that I plan a phonics session for year 1 phase 5. They have just done the phonics screening test I believe so not sure how to go about it making it fun.

Also been asked to bring a favourite resource to use with infant children. This is will be a discussion point in the interview.

Any amazing ideas or advice would be great as I am stumped.

Xx

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Hi. There are lots of ideas for each phase of phonics online if you do a search. Think about which aspect you want them to learn, and then plan around that. Once you've got an idea, I'm sure other members here will help you tweak it.

Regarding a favourite resource, it really needs to be your favourite resource. Have you taught infants at all? If so, think back to something you used that went down well. Think about why it did. What would you use it for? What learning would you expect to see?

I took a huge lump of play dough to an interview once, I didn't get the job but they did like the enthusiasm with which I talked about it!

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

You may get more responses if you post in the Primary section - EYFS teachers aren't likely to have as much 'Phase 5' experience as Year 1 teachers.

You are definitely more likely to get responses if you share an idea and ask for feedback/suggestions.

Good luck for your interview!