1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS interview questions...NEW TO EYFS! EEK

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by missymisfit, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi all. I have been working in an infant school for a few years since qualifying as a supply teacher and cover EYFS for a morning a week. I was trained 5-11 and the only experience I have in EYFS is this half day a week. I would love a job in the school where I am currently working (this would be my NQT year) but feel very daunted as to what they will ask me and my lack of experience to the role. I am very dedicated but lack confidence and am wondering if I have a chance as it is so different to the primary curriculum?! I know I will be asked something on the 'slimming down' of the curriculum and probably parents as partners/outdoor play/independent learning/transition to year1. Is there anything major i need to read up on? Thanks in advance, Polly :)

2. Thanks for your reply. If the e-priofile isn't use is it other online trackers? What do you use? Thanks.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

No we don't use an on line tracker just the EYFS profile.
    I've got to be honest I was interviewing last week and 4 out of the 5 shortlisted clearly didn't know enough about EYFS in the interview although their applications stated otherwise. I would spend some time familiarising yourself.

4. That is what I am trying to do! What areas do you think they let themselves down on? Are there any particularly EYFS directed questions you think I will be asked? Thanks for your help.

5. Msz

Out of the 5 candidates 4 were working in EYFS and yet none of them even knew the 6 areas. The question was related to their activity and which area they considered most important (no right or wrong answer of course just looking for opinion)

6. Well that surprises me. I am not sure what you learn on a EYFS based uni course but I have read up on the areas and principles and looked into using the scales etc. Thanks I can now have a think about that. I think mine would be CLL.

7. Msz

None had been on an EYFS based uni course