1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS interview advice please....

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sweetie666, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi All
    I am just approaching the end of my PGCE in Primary and have got my 4th interview on June 13th at a lovely school for a reception post.
    I have to take a group of 6 reception children(above average ability) to do a 15 mins task on talking, reading and writing?
    Any ideas would be great on what I could do to impress as there are only 2 other people being interviewed and I wanted to stand out?!
    They said they are looking at my rapport with the children more than anything but still want to have an interesting task for the children?
    Thank you in advance!
    Sweetie

2. Hi sweetie666
    I'm sure some people will say I'm being pedantic but your use of question marks is giving me the heebie geebies. If you go to interview and use a questioning voice when making a statement it's not going to really help your chances, and if you use question marks incorrectly on application forms that is going to be a mark against you. I hope you don't mind me saying. I'm sure you are a talented and creative teacher, and you want that to be what the interviewers remember about you.
    If you only use question marks incorrectly on message boards then just ignore me, I'll just have to grin and bear it [​IMG]
    Good luck.

3. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

OK well I only put the ? to gain a response from others, as they were my idea I wanted to know what others thought about them.
    I do not generally use question marks all of time and I have been successfull in gaining many interviews.
    I am aware however that as I am dyslexic my tone of writing can sometimes sound wrong, sorry if its offended you I just wanted some advice for my job interview......[​IMG]

4. I have just read this thread whilst looking for something else. However, reading this gives me the heebie geebies! I think sweetie666 was asking for advice on her interview not for grammar tips!