1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS File

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by marymoocow, Feb 10, 2011.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Does anyone have a definative list of what should be in the EYFS file for ofsted please. My FS coordinator has gone off sick and I am standing in with ofsted way overdue and all paperwork in chaos. I'm not even sure she had a proper file. So far I have found a policy written 10 years ago and that is it. Should I have risk assessments etc. Is there stuff that is normally covered by a whole school policy? Thanks.

2. marymoocow

3. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

In our local authority (Leicester City), as part of an Indpt school, we access the voluntary sector's Quality Improvement Programme, which is split into 5 sections - Workforce development, Policies & procedures, Every child matters/Enjoy & achieve, Positive contribution (inclusion/SEN/G&T) and lastly Self reflection.
    We have regular reviews with our local authority consultants to support the practice within the setting. Each review is like a mini-OFSTED in that sufficient evidence/verbal explanation is given on how the setting/dept is run.
    I could send you a copy of the review forms for each section if you send your email address.
    In general as EYFS Co-ordinator, I have never been part of the main OFSTED as I was on maternity leave, but I believe they will be looking for evidence of effective staff management (performance management), setting/school training and development needs (both whole staff and individuals), minutes of staff meetings (including annotated minutes where actions have been achieved and dated), evidence of pupil assessment (EYFS tracker results - analysed of course for future needs, profiles for F2 kids), plans, evidence of improvement/needs in the learning environment, parent involvement (regular pupil progress meetings, newsletters...), evidence of Key Person role in each room/class.
    Although OFSTED will be speaking to the SENCo separately, I would make sure that all IEPs and reviews are up-to-date, so you can show how progress for particular needs is being made across the section, and also how teaching is differentiated for all abilities and needs.
    Good Luck xx

4. NettyMc

NettyMc New commenter

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Established commenter

hi marymoocow
    First, you shouldnt be reposnsible for all of this if you are just holding the fort s to speak, but you could speak to your head about what think is missing so that they are up to speed on that
    When I was a coordinator, we all had the same files across our school teams. from memory they were
    SDP and any specific phase developmentp lanning
    staff development (training insets, perf managmenet targets etc)
    Our part of the SEF
    foundation stage profile data and analysis plus any ongoing assessments
    policies specific to the foundation stage.. most school poicies had an eyfs section in them)
    governors reports
    any monitoring we did of planning, teaching etc.
    We did for a while have a planning folder but decided t was a waste of paper for teachers to copy it t hand to me so we just insisted that planning folders were always kept in classrooms.
    Does that help at all?

6. marymoocow

Thanks everyone that doesnt seem too onerous to get together. head is new and KS2 trained with no experience of EYFS.

7. Dear choralsongster,
    Please could you send me a copy of your review forms. New to the post and an inspection looming. Thank you. My e mail is: ras86_2000@yahoo.co.uk

8. I would also be grateful for a copy please! My email is:
    steffi_pee@hotmail.co.uk

9. Dear choralsongster, Please could you send me a copy of your review forms. New to the post and an inspection looming. Thank you. My e mail is: lynseybo@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you

10. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

To choralsongster
    Please may I have a copy of the review forms to be sent to: steph1551987@yahoo.com
    Many, many thanks