1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

EYFS Baseline assessment

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by andalucia, Sep 30, 2012.

1. How are people doing EYFS baseline assessments? DH wants numbers to use as part of whole school assessments. Is this realistic? If so how?

2. How are people doing EYFS baseline assessments? DH wants numbers to use as part of whole school assessments. Is this realistic? If so how?

3. I've put some resources up that we are using in our training sessions here including a baseline mapping.

The official framework doesn't have any official notion of assessment (other than the final Emerging / Expected / Exceeding judgement in each of the 7 new areas at the end of reception) so we are essentially using Development Matters statements to see how each child is progressing in each of these 7 areas through Nursery and Reception, and giving them a colour that is relates to those Emerging / Expected / Exceeding. Does that make sense?

4. I have done my baseline and crunched the numbers but what are the age bands considered below and well below in Ofsted term ?