1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Assessment - basics

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Crownie13, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I have recently qualified as a teacher and looking for an EYFS job. I have a few questions about how different people track/record EYFS assessment.
    - For reception children, do you just collect for the EYFS Goals or also for all points within 40-60 months.
    - Do you keep note of whether a child has achieved/nearly achieved a scale point continuously, or termly, or half termly?
    - How many pieces of written evidence do you collect for each scale point? Or does some evidence exist only in your head?
    - How do you gather and store the evidence?

Thankyou so much. Any answers to any of these would be helpful.

2. spectra75

spectra75 New commenter

Read the EYFS handbook and practice guidance and statutory guidance . It has all the answers.

3. I collect against just the ELG. I have a big A3 grid of the ELG for each child. All the notes, photos etc go into a profile book for each child. Every half term I go through their profile books and use my own knowledge of the children and tick off against the ELG on their grid. I use e profile in Oct , Feb and June and enter which ELG are achieved.
    ope this helps.

4. Very helpful, thankyou!

I have looked at the EYFS Guide books and it states to use professional opinion...hence I wanted to ask.