1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EYFS Assessment Analysis

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Lou13, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Following a visit by our SIP at the end of term I have been given the task to analyse our end of fs results further.
    Can anyone out there let me know what analysis they do with their end of fs results, would really appreciate any help or ideas.
    Many thanks

2. Following a visit by our SIP at the end of term I have been given the task to analyse our end of fs results further.
    Can anyone out there let me know what analysis they do with their end of fs results, would really appreciate any help or ideas.
    Many thanks

3. pisces77

pisces77 New commenter

I analyse the data in terms of the number of points achieved in each area of learning - looking at national expectations. work out the percentage of children who achieve. I also look at areas of learning that need development ( where scores are lower) I also look at the whole cohort and suggest actions /implications for those children in year 1. I also compare baseline to end of foundation and look at progress of boys and girls. I hope this helps.

4. How do you compare baseline to the end of foundation? I understand 3 steps is typical progress and more than this if good. Also I understand you need 80% of children getting more than 3 steps to be considered to be good progress. It seems very high. We haven't yet analysed our results to see what our progress is but I can't imagaine our results are this high. We have OFSTED next year so I'm panicking now! Our main probelm is those entering 40-60 months beginning to beyond the early learning goal to get 4 steps. Only the very able children are expected to get exceeded not the age related ones.