1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EY PGCE INTERVIEW CAMBRIDGE UNI HELP!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Emmajoan25, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hi.....
    I have an EY PGCE interview coming up in Jan.....received the letter today which tells me what i need to do for the interview....

One to one interview
    group interview
    2min presentation
    written task

Ive been working as a TA for 2 years now in EY so i have an idea about learning areas the EYFS Profile etc.
    The presentation is...

You should prepare a two-minute talk (without visual aids, though you may use cue-cards/notes if you wish) on a worthwhile learning activity in which children have been involved, preferably in an educational setting. You may have observed or been part of this activity. In your presentation you should explain the significant aspects of the experience and the implications for your own teaching in the future.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas what i should do it about....i have loads which ive observed being a TA.....i want to let them know that i know about different learning areas etc!!

Also im worried about the group talk etc.....it says on the letter need to have a good understanding of educational issues etc ive been reading TES etc.....just wondering if there is anything in particular i should be reading!!

We also have a written task which involved an article we need to read before hand called "why do children go to school" im guessing they are going to ask us to write an answer about it......what sort of things should i make sure i tallk about?!

Bit of a ramble sorry!! any tips/suggestions would be great thanks!!

Emma

2. Hi.....
    I have an EY PGCE interview coming up in Jan.....received the letter today which tells me what i need to do for the interview....

One to one interview
    group interview
    2min presentation
    written task

Ive been working as a TA for 2 years now in EY so i have an idea about learning areas the EYFS Profile etc.
    The presentation is...

You should prepare a two-minute talk (without visual aids, though you may use cue-cards/notes if you wish) on a worthwhile learning activity in which children have been involved, preferably in an educational setting. You may have observed or been part of this activity. In your presentation you should explain the significant aspects of the experience and the implications for your own teaching in the future.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas what i should do it about....i have loads which ive observed being a TA.....i want to let them know that i know about different learning areas etc!!

Also im worried about the group talk etc.....it says on the letter need to have a good understanding of educational issues etc ive been reading TES etc.....just wondering if there is anything in particular i should be reading!!

We also have a written task which involved an article we need to read before hand called "why do children go to school" im guessing they are going to ask us to write an answer about it......what sort of things should i make sure i tallk about?!

Bit of a ramble sorry!! any tips/suggestions would be great thanks!!

Emma

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

You'll hate me for this but I really think you need to think of your own interview plan.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Plan's the wrong word, perhaps. Content.

5. Think you've misdunderstood me....I wasnt asking for you to give me a plan!! just tips for interview etc!! Have been speaking to work colleagues who have been a great help.

6. mumbobumbo

mumbobumbo New commenter

Hello!
    Once you've selected the activity you want to talk about, think about how successful it was, what made it successful and how you know. I think by 'aspects' they want to know what you think good teaching and learning is (how do young children learn?). It's fine to talk about your own childhood; how you learned and what you enjoyed about that period in your life.
    I was asked to do a short talk about a resource too. I don't think they care so much what the resource is but they use this as an opportunity to find out how well you communicate.
    I hope I've been helpful?

7. mumbobumbo

mumbobumbo New commenter

Oh and good luck, of course. Let us know how you get on.

8. Thanks thats great information!!! its on the 7th Jan!! Will let you know!

9. Emma.

Talk about reflective practise, anyone practitioner will know of reflective practise and is something in which all teachers have to do!
    In relation to educaitonal issues, read up on bbc news education, current policies, education or curriculum reforms, current issues.
    Hope this helps.

10. sheriuk

sheriuk New commenter

Hi, How did you get on with your interview? I assume you've had it. I have my interview on Tuesday. Any tips and hint you could give me?