1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extremly Nervous/Panicking about teaching KS2 from KS3/4

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by jahit, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Dear Forumers ?m scared, very scared, ive been teaching KS3/4 DT and above for years but this year im gonna be teaching KS2 only. Can anyone give me some advive on the main differences ? should look out for,. How should I change my approach, projects, what are the main differences apart from age.

2. Surely you have to go to the KS2 national Curriculum. Put the parts of the level descriptors side by side the ks3 ones and highlight the different words. that will then start to help you see the differences and where the key changes are. Also bear in mind the kids are going to vary from anything from level 1 to 3 or 4. Don't KS2 and KS3 overlap. Even some of our new year 7s were only level 1 or2 because they were immigrants who may have had english to a low level but had never ever done D&T.
    It is more likely to be integrated into a cross-curricular project and time allocation for it could be limited. I'm guessing.