1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Feb 18, 2012.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Anyone seen this?

If you're planning on doing so - take tissues! I have not cried that much over a film in a long time!

2. I am looking forward to seeing it - thanks for the tip about the tissues!

3. I went to see it on Saturday and I bawled my eyes out too.
    The boy who played the main character was incredible. I loved the "Renter" character, which I thought was also well acted.
    I though Tom Hanks was poor in it, as was the actress who played his mum...Sandra Bullock? What on earth is wrong with her face? Is it another botox disaster? She looked awful and I have always thought she was attractive.

4. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Considering what big names Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock are it was interesting that the focus was not really on either of their characters.
    Have to say though it was the scenes where Sandra Bullock was arguing with the boy that got to me the most.

5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

The review in the Sunday Times is quite critical, praising the boy and Bullock for their performances, but basically stating that the film is a bit of a wallow in misery for the sake of it. It has rather put me off going.
    I did see The Artist at the weekend and thought that was just the ticket!