1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

extreme nausea at 11 weeks pregnant - help?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by rwegointocomputers, Jul 26, 2011.

1. hi all

After my MMC I said I would never complain about symptoms but... I'm after advice for nausea and sickness as I feel so so terrible. Just waiting for OH to come home so I can go to bed and leave LO with him. I literally can't eat anything as I feel so terrible. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 6lbs now...(bl***dy typical - when I'm on a diet I don't lose!). Any advice anyone?! Have heard cool mama tea is good so will order some of that! Feel like I want to ring midwife but sure she'll say there is nothing she can do and its normal!

ugh. I want to cry

.... 11+3

2. Its a good idea to see doctor. I had antisickness tablets at 8 weeks and they helped me eat a bit nothing else helped at all. In terms of hope I had 3 weeks in bed from 7 to 10 weeks and now at 16 am pretty much normal. I lost 10lbs in total. Fingers crossed it passes soon it is so horrible.

3. thanks again everyone. Have managed to eat slightly more today (but probably only equivalent of half a normal meal in total!).

Off to the doctors in the morning

11+4 xxx

4. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

I've bumped this thread up, as I've now passed the 12 week stage, and am still feeling incredibly sick. I was expecting (perhaps naively!) that the nausea would vanish this week but it's as bad as ever. Even though I'm only physically sick about once every 4 days, I feel as if I'm going to be sick from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, apart from when I'm eating. As soon as I finish a meal the sickness comes back. The midwives just say this is a good thing, which isnt very helpful!
    I suppose I'm just hoping for reassurance that the sickness may pass soon, as I cant imagine feeling like this and being back at work full time in 3 weeks!
    Ravena
    12+3

5. lidlest

lidlest New commenter

I wish I could reassure you, but I know for some women it goes on, However! - Mine lasted till 15 weeks and then I felt so much better. I'm due Thursday and for the past two weeks it's been back with a vengeance though , sorry x

6. GemLP

GemLP New commenter

I have nothing to add, but RWE I just wanted to say a MASSIVE congratulations that you are pregnant again! I was really excited to see that you had started this thread. I really hope all is going well and smoothly this time (except the horrific morning sickness!!)
    Lots and lots of luck xxxx

7. i had this - lost a stone and a half between 6 and 14 weeks when i finally saw my GP and was prescribed something for the nausea and vomiting. if it is a real problem and you can't function do see your GP and ask if there's anything they can give you to help.

8. Hello
    Sorry to hear you are feeeling so bad.
    I also suffered with sickness from 10 weeks and it has only just stopped! I'm 17 + 4 now.
    I tried everything & anything but the only thing that worked was to keep a food diary including the time I ate. I then avoided foods that made me sick for the next 3 days.
    This certainly helped reduce the sickness down to once a day, then down to every other day.
    Hope this helps