1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extracting choc chips from cookies- dinosuar lessons- has anyone done this? Help!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by cath1980, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hi has anyone done this? The idea being that the ch have to chisel/extract the way a palentologist might search for fossils?

2. Hi has anyone done this? The idea being that the ch have to chisel/extract the way a palentologist might search for fossils?

3. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

Haven't done it but love the idea! We did dinosaurs in plaster of paris on one of my placements but was a lot of effort to prepare.

4. I haven't, but I think I will be next term!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Could this not be rather confusing for the children? Will they be able to understand that the choc chips are meant to be fossils and the biscuit meant to be rock? Seems a big leap to me. And to extract fossils one needs to wear goggles to protect the eyes. Surely the children would be better off handling actual fossils and finding them in sand and water. Not wanting to be negative but I think the biscuit idea requires far too big a stretch of the imagination.