1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extra support - feeling very nervous

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cteach23, Jul 2, 2015.

1. cteach23

cteach23 New commenter

Hi all, after a bad nqt lesson observation, im on a support plan for two weeks. If I don't pass the next observation, it is a C4C.

I was wondering if anyone had ever been in a similar position? And how can I ensure my teaching is at a good standard in time for the observation? I'm doubting myself nearly everyday but I know i can do it.. really am feeling the pressure and nerves.. all in the last weeks of term!

Please someone help :( xx

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Have you been given any targets to work towards, or any areas to develop? They can't just have told you to do better. To support you they should be helping you to meet achievable targets that have been discussed with and agreed by you.

3. Without wishing to pry, how have the other observations throughout the year gone? (You don't have to answer that on here)

Just thinking back to when I mentored an NQT and it was made crystal clear that if cause for concern was an issue, it should be raised well in advance of the end of the school year. It shouldn't be on the back of one observation because we all have off days.

Has support been in place?

In terms of moving forward, my suggestion would be to actually think back to what you and your school consider good practice. What is highly valued in terms of enhancing children's learning? And build from there. If it isn't clear what your school value, then ask someone to talk you through what they would consider a great lesson would look like.

It is all too easy to become swamped in your NQT year as wave after wave of initiatives are thrown at you.

Good luck!

4. Excellent advice from both Sillow and Devonsent. Good luck with your observation.