1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extra light....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by moonpenny, Jul 13, 2012.

1. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I am not usually brainwashed by adverts but for some reason I decided to try the new extra light philadelphia with cadbury chocolate
    http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?siteid=philadelphia3-prd&locale=uken1&PagecRef=841
    [​IMG]
    I am into bread sticks at the moment
    A bread stick dipped into the above tasted nice
    Luckily for my waistline I only had one bread stick left.
    Apparently it is 89 cals per serving but not worked out how big a serving is yet.
    And apart from bread sticks, I couldn't imagine eating it on a baked potato

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's very nice on digestive biscuits topped with fresh raspberries - handy for an emergency dessert.

3. I am SO glad that chocolate cheese doesn't appeal to me one bit.
    Ugh. (I am always glad that some foodstuffs don't present themselves as temptations.)
    However...I do like Cadbury's Dairy Milk - it is the only chocolate I like - and I treated myself to a bar of it yesterday. Stupidly, I bunged a bag of shopping on my bed yesterday (because it contained son's birthday presents) but it also contained the secret bar of chocolate. I really fancied a chunk of it with my coffee this morning...and discovered it under my duvet...a completely warm, soggy, purple sachet of goo!
    Gawd only knows how I took a bar of chocolate to bed with me last night...but I did!
    Chocolate is now in the fridge...It will be a complete mis-shape when it's reset! [​IMG]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That made me laugh, AE.

5. I was a bit miffed at first Seren..no way could I tuck into liquid chocolate - and whan I get the urge....
    Still, I am laughing now.
    Just imagine the state of my sheets (and me) if that purple wrapper had burst last night!

6. moonpenny

Just checked and there is 5 servings in the tub.
    Better check how many calories are in bread sticks.
    Although having a small amount on a plate and dipping strawberries in it might be good.
    Are even better - strawberries, meringue (either crushed or whole) and a smidgen of the chocolate cheese placed on top.
    Last week I did fresh strawberries , crushed meringue and drizzled some strawberry cholesterol reducing runny yogurt drink on the top which was nice as a desert .
    The yogurt drinks are tescos own brand and have been on offer as the branded ones cost and arm and a leg.
    Luckily I do have strawberries in the fridge which are lovely as well as healthy.
    It will be like one of those chocolate fountains on the cheap....although I have never dipped anything in a chocolate fountain.

7. moonpenny

Ok, on the empty breadstick box it says that a very long single breadstick is 22 cals.
    I am pleasently pleased as they takes ages to nibble unless you are sharing them and I never share my breadsticks.

8. I buy the original mini tubs for my packed lunch, a neat one person serving. They come in the chocolate flavour too. I first saw these whilst on holiday in Lanzarote and there they're with Milka!

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Does it go with steak n chips?

10. moonpenny

I nominate you to try that one and report back [​IMG]
    I am quite into fresh spinach with a few walnuts sprinkled on top and a side dollop of caramalised onion chutney,
    (oven baked potatoe slices with a drizzle of olive oil and then something like a bean burger on the side. Really easy meal.
    I'm thinking that whole sweet/savory thang going on which often seems alien to me.
    I am still thinking cheese and chocolate is wrong.

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I don't believe there is any such thing and never has been. I won't be looking for it in my local supermarket because it doesn't exist, and anyone who says it does, is a wicked, naughty person who should be sent far, far away to a very distant place.

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I can confirm that this product used to be on sale...I may have bought the odd tub or five....and eaten it with digestivs...it was gooooooood! Also slight warmed on top of tinned pears!
    However, it has sadly been discontinued due to a complete lack of interest in the prooduct. I have been told this by a most reliable source....my Mum! I go to Morrisons twice a month with Mum and my driver. They guide me down the aisles....when we get to the cheese aisle Mum walks on one side of me and assures me there is no Chocolate Philly - and of course I believe her!...my driver points out the exciting products like skimmed milk on the opposite aisle.
    I have also learned that the buiscuit aisle has been moved....well the digestive biscuits anyway,,,,as have the custard creams.,...so there is no point going down that aisle any more. ....they are now housed in the fruit aisle...but no mattter how hard I look I can't find them there - presumably they have all sold out.....every week!
    However....I am not to be detered....I have dome some research....apparantly there are still some pots available if I buy online (strangely the digestives and custard creams are still stored with biscuiyts online!)....I may just have to buy a few dozen packs for the weekend!

13. moonpenny

[​IMG]
    Yes, its evil powers sent me up to the co-op for replacement bread sticks

14. moonpenny

I got mine from Sainburys and what is worse is that you could get 2 tubs for £2
    I just got one and four mini tubs of ordinary extra light as I find those good for dipping in .....you've guessed it....breadsticks.
    I suppose digestives and chocolate cheese would be like a DIY version of chocolate cheesecake :)

15. Someone should send a link to this thread to the chocolate philadelphia people (is it Kraft?) They might use some of you addicts in their adverts. I have to admit I haven't tried it yet. But then, I have never had chocolate cheesecake. Just doesn't appeal. Don't like digestives much either. Or breadsticks! Give me a calorie-laden pavlova any day - as long as it's the chewy meringue type.

16. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I like the chocolate philadelphia with strawbs or apple slices to dip in or on crumpets. Very nice. Am not keen on philly in the usual incarnations really. As I am trying to lose weight it is a great way to get a chocolate taste without eating actual choc bars.

17. As soon as you add sugar to cream cheese, it becomes a completely different product!
    Add sugar and chocolate,and it is almost chocolate-ganache. Nothing cheesy about it whatsoever!
    The first time I made cheesecake I couldn't believe that simple mixing some sugar in with cream cheese created the trademark cheesecake filling - amazing!

18. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

It hasn't been discontinued: there's currently a competition to win a year's supply.

I get it from Sainsburys and like it on ginger biscuits - although that avenue of pleasure is on hold for the moment.

19. Sounds positively erotic.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I got introduced to marmite on rice cakes.
    Filling and tasty.