1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extra-curricular clubs in the autumn

Discussion in 'Teaching & Learning' started by michael_e5y7vZe, Jun 10, 2020.

?

Are you planning on running after-school clubs ...

1. From September

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. After October half-term

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. From January 2021

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, not this academic year

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Too uncertain at this point

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. michael_e5y7vZe

michael_e5y7vZe New commenter

Hi all,

I work for a charity that coordinates a STEM competition in secondary schools every year. The programme is largely run as an after-school club, once a week for KS3 students.

The teachers we've spoken to range from optimistic that school will be back to normal come September, through to those who believe that full social distancing will remain until December, with the focus being strictly on core subjects. I'm curious to hear what other teachers think the situation might look like in the autumn for extra-curricular clubs, and thoughts on what that 'new normal' might look like this year.

2. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

If we're trying to keep staff and pupils to a bubble, I should imagine that it would be very difficult to organise extra-curricular clubs. Staffing of ordinary classes is going to be challenging, never mind anything else.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We will be...but we are a private school and have small classes. So a bubble of 15 is each class.

4. crumbleskates

crumbleskates Occasional commenter

No clubs, trips, concerts etc.
    Due to both social distancing, and staff will be stressed and worn out and need some slack.

5. Newidentity

Newidentity New commenter

No idea. But it won't include me in any extra curricular activities!