1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

External links - SEN Geography

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by MissRobinson4, Aug 12, 2016.

1. MissRobinson4

MissRobinson4 New commenter

Hi,

I've been advised to create a subject link for KS3 Geography with a school similar to the one I work at, we're SEN Secondary for complex MLD and ASD.

Would be really helpful to see what other people are doing following the introduction of the new curriculum. I took over as Geography Lead in Sept 2015, all the schemes of work the previous Lead left are now 5-10 years old, so have been trying to overhaul this year. Would also be good to look into potential for external moderation.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks

2. ameliaroberts

ameliaroberts New commenter

3. scott1980

scott1980 Occasional commenter

We do topic work covering geography each term.this year we are starting with space.we are covering russia and america as countries.

4. charlouking

charlouking New commenter

I teach in a school that sounds almost exactly like your own. I have the same problem, the SOW's are from 2010 and I need to overhaul the whole thing. If you would like to talk or share ideas just send me a message :)