1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extended SLT post/interiew

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by ssg007, Sep 1, 2015.

1. HI there, I am hoping to get an interview for an extended SLT post within my school and was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on the kind of questions to expect? I already have an idea on a project I would like to lead on, based on the school improvement plan but any tips/advice/suggestions from those who have had such an interview or been on the panel, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. The slant of the questions would very much depend on the focus of the role. However, it's worth having examples to draw on if asked to describe (perhaps) how you would manage a difficult member of staff, make people accountable for exam results or how you model excellence in your daily practice. Also, in the interview try to think like a deputy head. "What do you look for in an outstanding lesson?" Go beyond a simple list of features - consider how you would bring about higher standards of T&L across the school and how would you evaluate success. Also, part of the selection process for SLT posts involves an data task, so if you haven't seen your school's latest RAISEonline document, ask for it. Anyway, good luck.