1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extended schools lessons

Discussion in 'English' started by lizfee, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am teaching year 11 AQA revision lessons to some C/D/E borderline pupils this term and I'm looking for ways to engage them (It's after school on a Tuesday and Friday....it's compulsory..aka torture for them!)
    I feel like they are going away without taking much fom the sessions as I'm struggling to make Langauage paper 1 and 2 revision exciting! I know they need to go over all the skills etc, but I'm really looking for some inspiring/outstanding lesson ideas so I can really push them to achieve. I'm knackered this evening and I'm struggling to plan for the lesson... Any help/resources/ideas would be really amazingly hugely appreciated.
    xxx PS.. I'd love to see a video of soemone teaching an outstanding revision lesson. Anyone have any ideas/seen one anywhere?

2. Hi all,
    I am teaching year 11 AQA revision lessons to some C/D/E borderline pupils this term and I'm looking for ways to engage them (It's after school on a Tuesday and Friday....it's compulsory..aka torture for them!)
    I feel like they are going away without taking much fom the sessions as I'm struggling to make Langauage paper 1 and 2 revision exciting! I know they need to go over all the skills etc, but I'm really looking for some inspiring/outstanding lesson ideas so I can really push them to achieve. I'm knackered this evening and I'm struggling to plan for the lesson... Any help/resources/ideas would be really amazingly hugely appreciated.
    xxx PS.. I'd love to see a video of soemone teaching an outstanding revision lesson. Anyone have any ideas/seen one anywhere?