1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extended iTQ

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by allaboutclait, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I had an e-mail from OCR today saying they are going to be offering an Extended iTQ QCF which will be worth the equivalent of 2 GCSEs. For those of you who don't want your students producing reams of screen prints, they can sit CLAiT exams (which can be split across several sessions if necessary, e.g. for special needs students or 1 hr class slots) which will fully cover 8 of the units at level 2 and 9 of the units at level 1. Students can also obtain a level 3 iTQ by including points for units taken at levels 1 and 2 (provided they are different topics), so long as at least half of the points are obtained at the level of the qualification.
    I know many of you don't get on with CLAiT but I find students do well at it once they've learned how it's marked and what the critical errors are, and it saves having to design projects and find suitable evidence for your portfolio.
    www.allaboutitq.co

2. I had an e-mail from OCR today saying they are going to be offering an Extended iTQ QCF which will be worth the equivalent of 2 GCSEs. For those of you who don't want your students producing reams of screen prints, they can sit CLAiT exams (which can be split across several sessions if necessary, e.g. for special needs students or 1 hr class slots) which will fully cover 8 of the units at level 2 and 9 of the units at level 1. Students can also obtain a level 3 iTQ by including points for units taken at levels 1 and 2 (provided they are different topics), so long as at least half of the points are obtained at the level of the qualification.
    I know many of you don't get on with CLAiT but I find students do well at it once they've learned how it's marked and what the critical errors are, and it saves having to design projects and find suitable evidence for your portfolio.
    www.allaboutitq.co