1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Extend Div Tag in DW CS5

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by smudgie, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Aaagh! I've forgotten how to extend a div tag in Dreamweaver. I'm just using HTML template - 1 column fixed, centered from New Document but want to extend the content so it flows down the page (the white bit) I can't remember what controls it. Help.

2. It is not clear what you want - do you want something like the TES where there is a gap either side ; if so then just style='margin-left:20%;margin-right:20%' should do.

3. I'm trying to get the main content div to flow to the bottom (like this site) rather than expand when content is added.

4. How many columns have you got ? If you have more than one then you have to put the div there by using float:left or float:right in the CSS
    For just one column you can specify the width in css, or set the margins as you wish.
    What else do you have besides the main content div ? when you say you don't want it to expand, do you mean horizontally ?