1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Expression of interest...help!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by MRK1, Jan 27, 2019.

1. MRK1

MRK1 New commenter

Has anyone ever sent an expression of interest letter to a school that they would like to work in? How do you send such a letter without sounding desperate? I’m facing redundancy at the moment (it’s inevitable) and I need to be proactive about finding a job. Unfortunately, I can’t work just anywhere because of childcare commitments. Any advice or examples would be greatly appreciated.

2. Weald56

Weald56 Established commenter

Ask to speak to whomever organises supply teaching at the school(s), and speak to them - offer your services for supply and mention casually that you're looking for a permanent post in town X or Y 'should one come up'. Might get you a foot in the door!

MRK1 likes this.
  3. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

Yes... I sent out several and one led to an interview and a job offer (although by the time they offered me a job I'd taken on a post elsewhere). No idea if I sounded desperate or not in them! I focused on all the positive reasons why I wanted to work in that particular school and why I thought I would be a good fit for them.

What have you got to lose by trying?

MRK1 likes this.
  4. MRK1

MRK1 New commenter

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a go and see how I get on I suppose