1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

expressing at work

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by cariad2, Dec 26, 2010.

1. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Couldn't you ask for a different room on those days so that you can express during break and lunch? I'm in primary and we're really short of rooms, so when I went back to work my Headteacher let me use his office!

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I used to express at lunchtime ( primary so full time teaching commitment) I used to sit in the cupboard at the back of the kitchen. It was lovely to have a break at lunchtime for a change where no one could find me. 20 minutes peace and quiet. Bliss! The first few days my boobs were like watermelons by lunchtime, but I soon got used to it.

3. I expressed at lunchtime in the nursery children's toilets (only place where there weren't any children as they didn't stay for lunch!!!) hated it as I had a small chair and felt very uncomfortable and shut away.

I was on a full timetable so this was the only time I could do it. i had to store the milk in a communal fridge so hid it in a plastic bag!!