1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Expo 1 and kinaesthetic activities

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cuffin, Sep 2, 2015.

1. cuffin

cuffin New commenter

Hi there,

My school is basing their Y7-Y9 on Expo 1 and 2. For the first month I have to review what they studied last year. I am a NQT and have no experience of teaching French. What or how do you yourselves recap this all? Is it ok to follow the exercises already in the book without doing them all? How much emphasis do you place on writing etc?

Are there any good ways to make this more exciting or good resources that you use?

Have you any good kinaesthetic activities that do not require much preparation? I am not a language teacher and I am already snowed under with my other subjects.

Sorry for all the questions, but any help would be appreciated!

2. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

Where are you, in the country? You're probably better off having someone spend half an hour with you in person. How come you are doing this if you have no experience in teaching French? What's your subject? Why can't the MFL teachers help you? Sounds bizarre!

3. Malaguena

Malaguena New commenter

Get the EXPO teachers guides along with the text book. You can just follow these and never have to plan a lesson, the suggestions they give for each double page are great. Kinaesthetic can be simple as pointing to stuff, holding up the item ( eg pencil case stuff), thumbs up / thumbs down for true or false.

4. venkmani1991

venkmani1991 New commenter

Kinaesthetic activities? Just make paired speaking a regular part of your routines! That's active enough. Obviously vary your resources and the games you use.

5. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

If you have no experience of teaching French, the Subject Leader should be working with you to upskill you as a matter of priority.