1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

exploring school disciplinary systems - RESEARCH

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by ap00241, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Hi everybody,
    I am a Postgrad Psychology student from the University of Surrey and I am currently doing my dissertation on school disciplinary systems. I am exploring the concept of implementing restorative justice practices in primary and secondary schools and I need PRIMARY and SECONDARY school teachers to complete my online survey. Here is the link: http://www.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/survey/Restorative_justice/ It takes about 20-25 mins to complete. This research will highlight the factors that teachers feel are important in enabling a positive and effective school environment and whether restorative justice practice could achieve this in the future. I would REALLY appreciate any and all responses I can get. Thank you for your time in advance.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL By 'school disciplinary systems' I thought you meant for staff and was going to reply that I hoped never to find out!

3. Would have prefered you explaining your criteria first, instead of reading through your text, answering questions and then being dismissed. I've never understood surveys that do that.

4. Hi Alliandra. Thank you for taking an interest in my research - I really do appreciate it. The only criteria I have is that participants must be either a parent OR a teacher (or both) of a primary or secondary school student(s). Unfortunately if you click 'No' to this question you will automatically be disqualified. Thanks again for your interest.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

This should really be question 1 in that case...

6. I appreciate the feedback.
    However, all the surveys set up on the University of Surrey's website are structured so that all the demographic questions (in this case this includes participant criteria) are answered before participants are disqualified in order to camouflage the disqualify criteria to avoid causing offence to any one. I appreciate in this case it is not particularly offensive to disqualify potential participants based on whether they are parents / teachers or not but in some studies obviously they may disqualify based on age, gender, ethnicity etc. I hope you can appreciate the reason for this and that the mechanics were unfortunately out of my control. Apologies for any inconvenience and again I appreciate your interest in my research.

7. I clicked yes and was still disqualified.