1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exploding cake recipe, perhaps as long ago as 2014

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by gooddays, Jun 16, 2019.

1. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Hello! I am looking for a recipe posted here some time ago, around Christmas time, perhaps in 2014, 2015, a version of a cake sold in stores. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Lara? Nick? Hoping to have it as a Father’s Day surprise tonight (I am -4GMT here in Canada). Thanks!

nick909 likes this.
  2. gooddays

nick909 and primarycat like this.
  3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I remember eating a bought Heston cake that was very similar to this, but I've never made one. I'm not much of a baker, other than bread! Looks like you found it though, @gooddays!

4. gooddays

I think so.
    Any races this year, nick909?

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

A half marathon at the end of September, and the Great South Run at the end of October! Plus I'll try and fit the odd 10k in too! How about you?

6. gooddays

I was the last runner in an 8K in May, and I may be the last in the Canada Day Limestone Mile on July 1. A half marathon September 7. I was last in that one a few years ago, but only third-last in 2017! I will be 65 this summer, but still cherish a dream of qualifying for Boston before I die. All I have to do is run the same time I ran in 2003. As I say, a dream.

nick909 likes this.