1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

explanation year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by saphire04, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Have done the first 2 weeks of this unit and as share and supported writing wrote an explanation of why we should eat a balanced diet. Need the children to write an inderpendant piece later this week and had mental block. Our topic is the seaside. Any ideas on what I could get kids to write about linked to this of any other good ideas, find explantions to simular to reports information text and instructions that I feel like Im repeating stuff.
    Thanks

2. Have done the first 2 weeks of this unit and as share and supported writing wrote an explanation of why we should eat a balanced diet. Need the children to write an inderpendant piece later this week and had mental block. Our topic is the seaside. Any ideas on what I could get kids to write about linked to this of any other good ideas, find explantions to simular to reports information text and instructions that I feel like Im repeating stuff.
    Thanks

3. i always do life cycles (frog or butterfly) at this time of year - my biggest problem (year 2) is that they don't have a clue about these animals so need to do lots of science input and observation first. We have caterpillars in the classroom. Agree with you it's very similar to other n/f types.

4. Could they explain why there are ice cream vans at the seaside?