1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Explanation text - examples that relate to the children?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vegaslady, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hi
    Just wondered if anyone had any examples that they are planning to use for the explanation writing unit? The planning says to use examples of explanations from children's popular culture and their own experience. HAs anyone got anything useful?
    I have found some texts but they are a bit random and not really child friendly topics.
    Vx

2. Hi
    Just wondered if anyone had any examples that they are planning to use for the explanation writing unit? The planning says to use examples of explanations from children's popular culture and their own experience. HAs anyone got anything useful?
    I have found some texts but they are a bit random and not really child friendly topics.
    Vx

3. Thank you! I should have gone straight to primary resources! They always seem to help! Still not sure they are the most child friendly topics.
    And, I have no idea what I am going to do with my weakest Y3!
    Thanks again,
    Vx