1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Explaining time off in job applications

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by daisy1603, Jun 22, 2017.

1. daisy1603

daisy1603 Occasional commenter

Hi all,

I have taken some time off while going through informal capability/settlement agreement since around February time. The SA was only signed at the end of May (although still waiting for my payment and possessions from school) but my technical leaving date (to avoid exposing SA) is 31st March.

I have taken the time off to "find myself"/think about what I actually want from a job/because of the impact of the capability procedure etc. Now I am ready for supply/applying for permanent posts how do I word that in letters to schools/applications? I feel I would be able to explain it face to face - I've been travelling, taken an online course and developed and sold resources but it is very hard to get into one sentence/not an essay in letter form.

Thanks in advance :)

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Your applications simply need to reflect that you took time out for travelling. You explain the rest face to face.