1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Explain how you know"

Discussion in 'Primary' started by robyn147, May 18, 2011.

1. I just love the way their minds work. Was going through some Y5 optional SATs today.
    "Sara says you can tell if a 2 digit number is odd just by looking at the last digit. Is she right? Explain how you know"
    Yes - because my teacher told me.

You have a 1-6 dice and a 1-5 spinner, "Peter says you have more chance of getting an odd number on the spinner than the dice. Is he right? Explain"
    Answer - No
    Why not? He's not a mindreader, is he? How does he know what's going to come up?

I'm sure being a SATs marker must crack you up sometimes with the responses. What does go through their mind?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I just love the way their minds work. Was going through some Y5 optional SATs today.
    "Sara says you can tell if a 2 digit number is odd just by looking at the last digit. Is she right? Explain how you know"
    Yes - because my teacher told me.

You have a 1-6 dice and a 1-5 spinner, "Peter says you have more chance of getting an odd number on the spinner than the dice. Is he right? Explain"
    Answer - No
    Why not? He's not a mindreader, is he? How does he know what's going to come up?

I'm sure being a SATs marker must crack you up sometimes with the responses. What does go through their mind?

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

<u>A</u> dice

Oh dear!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

What was the probability of that happening?

5. SAD!!!!!