1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Expertise request - advice

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by adell, Nov 24, 2015.

1. adell

adell New commenter

Hi,

I am trying to identify the key issues for head teachers as prep for an interview in policy. I think they are: funding, recruitment & retention, & performance measures?? What are your key concerns?

What do you think are the top 4 concerns for head teachers at the moment?

Any thoughts wil be very gratefully received.

Thanks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

An excellent idea to post this on here! My answer is, of course, in your previous thread elsewhere.

Best wishes

3. alib193

alib193 New commenter

Hi,

Interesting!!
    Staff morale, staff stress and well being, workload and work life balance.
    Just my thoughts ( I am not a head by the way so my ideas may/may not be useful for you interview)

4. dookiedaveuk

dookiedaveuk New commenter

Managing the uncertainty in the profession at the moment (funding, recruitment, qualifications, performance measures) - providing clarity through the muddle. This has an enormous impact on the direction of a school - eg. 'Over-initiative-it is', Staff morale, Ofsted, Staff retention and recruitment.

I would also add the relentless pressure a Head is under with their positions being scrutinised in a similar way to Football Managers. (ie. Perform and get results to X, or you are out on your ear... with an arranged 'resignation'). Some Academy chains are unreal...

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I guess that the Academy is using something based on Bradford

Best wishes