1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

experiment./activity

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moggycat, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I'm sorry to post again on this topic but struggling to be creative. I teach year 5/6 and need an interesting lesson on changing state ( reversible/irreversible changes will be referred to but not main focus). I am struggling how to make it interesting and have only come up healting chocolate, bread and ice cube with tealights etc. I can't make it too complicated due to lack of resources, support! Any ideas would be greatly received. Ive found loads of games on bitesize etc but feel I need a bit more than this![​IMG]

2. Have a look at this site - from making gloop using cornflour, to mixing milk and vinegar to make a plasticy material - you should find something exciting.
    http://www.planet-science.com/categories/experiments.aspx
    If you do toast bread make sure you get the children to write their name with the toast. That always goes down a treat and sticks in their minds.

3. write their name with the toast?? Thank you btw :)

4. Yes seriously. If you burn the toast edges you get charcoal and the kids can use it to write their names . When you discuss changes - reversible or irreversible in later lessons this will have stuck with them.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

That sounds soooo cool...wish I had KS2 now!

6. I'll swap you[​IMG]

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just for the one lesson?

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If you mix food colouring with milk and paint your name on the bread before you toast it you can eat your name ... (the milk evaporates leaving the name in the bread)

9. I like the last idea!