1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Experience teaching KS2 computing

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Elliot_kirby, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Elliot_kirby

Elliot_kirby New commenter

Hi I'm a product design and technology undergraduate from Loughborough university doing a project on the teaching of the new computing curriculum in years 3-6.

I'm looking for any kind of experience, praise or gripe about having to teach the new curriculum from the perspective of the first wave of professionals having to teach it.
    did you find that constructing algorithms came easy to you? or do you find yourself still relying heavily on reference books for answers?
    do you struggle to find useful resources for lessons or have you been enjoying the process of creating engaging visualizations and tasks for your students.​

comments, stories, commonly occurring problems, pointers to resources or solutions your willing to share are all helpful insights and I welcome the reflections of any overlapping area (e.g. teaching computing to higher years or experience and skills of making subjects engaging to lower years) so please feel free to leave a message.

thanks
    Elliot.K