1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Experience of Interviewing with Ministry of Education, UAE - Computer Science Graduate

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sv591, Dec 16, 2017.

1. sv591

sv591 New commenter

Hi Neddaattal
    It is multiple choice, and its easy. Brush up your knowledge of Web and MySQL. That should help. Try not to worry, the interview is really chilled. Hope this helps

girlsthatcode likes this.
  2. myree_786

myree_786 New commenter

3. myree_786

myree_786 New commenter

Hi, I have applied via the same agency as you. I have an interview coming up very shortly and they said i have to do a written test. Could you please tell me what the test entailed as I am very bad at tests and end up doing very bad because of nerves. I am a science teacher and I presume I will be completing a science exam too. Could you please give me as much information as possible.

4. sarahalatiya

sarahalatiya New commenter

hey sv591, I’m going through the same thing. How can I contact you? I would like to ask you some questions if that’s ok I dont know how to use this website

5. malinigopal2002

malinigopal2002 New commenter

Hi
    I am shortlisted for an interview and most probably within one week. Anybody could u pls tell the questions ask for English written exam....

6. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

Here is a THIRD thread where brand new posters who haven't posted on any other thread are desperate for information about the MoE interviews. And would you believe it, two brand new posters appeared after the other threads met a sorry end.

You'd almost think someone had decided this was a good way to publicise the scheme for free!!!

Your subject is English?

sparkleghirl, dumbbells66 and T0nyGT like this.
  7. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

It does seem odd that the majority of posters seem to have middle Eastern sounding names (where you can decipher them from the username) and a poor grasp of English.

8. malinigopal2002

malinigopal2002 New commenter

Tony i couldnt get what you meant

9. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

I don't think we should really judge people based on their name/username - there are plenty of fully qualified British teachers with 'non-traditional' names and it's possible that the MoE accepts non native speakers so long as they have good qualifications etc - Our school (not MoE) does so long as they have an IELTS of over a certain level (8 I think but I may be mistaken).

In my opinion it's not a publicity thing, most likely it's because the MoE thread on here is (for me) the third top link on Google when I search "MoE Interview".

Aim4Jannah likes this.
  10. sparklesparkle

Your English comprehension students are in the safest of hands.

11. skhan81

skhan81 New commenter

Hi Everyone
    I am new to forums and would like some advice on MOE interviews for Primary English teachers role. I have been offered and interview in September but I am really worried about the test bit. Please could someone shed some light on this and what the test entails. I would really appreciate this.
    Also I have heard lots of stories about MOE! What is the behaviour of primary children like?

Thank you

12. sparklesparkle

Why have you repeated this comment on two threads?

13. skhan81

skhan81 New commenter

Sorry that was a mistake on my behalf not sure how it happened.

14. girlsthatcode

girlsthatcode New commenter

Thanks for taking the time to reply questions. Could you kindly clarify if you had only 6 questions in the written test or in the face-to-face interview?

15. girlsthatcode

girlsthatcode New commenter

Hi Neddaattal,

How did your interview go? Was your experience similar to that of sv591? Do share your experience, thanks.

16. zubi0777

zubi0777 New commenter

how was the written test, were the questions about, what did they ask on the face to face interview

17. sparklesparkle

Have you considered reading the whole thread rather than responding to the first post, which was written 11 months ago?

If you need to be told the questions for a multiple choice test and a five-minute interview, how on earth will you teach the subject?

Also, there's a thing called "integrity". Teachers are meant to have it and not try to cheat.

TonyGT likes this.
  18. AswaniMohan

AswaniMohan New commenter

Hello,
    Recently i applied for moe job through an agency. On my behalf they did all the procedures and i got an email after the submission of my job application and yesterday i received an email from moe stating that my job application has been screened IN, so could you please provide me more information regarding the selection procedures. And how long is this process.
    Thanks in advance!

19. AswaniMohan

Hello,
    Recently i applied for moe job through an agency. On my behalf they did all the procedures and i got an email after the submission of my job application and yesterday i received an email from moe stating that my job application has been screened IN, so could you please provide me more information regarding the selection procedures. And how long is this process.
    Thanks in advance!

20. AswaniMohan

Hi anyone can help me with this?
    I received an email from moe stating that my application has been screened in. So what does it actually mean and what will be the next stages of selection.
    I applied for computer science/design and technology position.

anusha_rahul likes this.