1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Experience in Scottish Primary

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by kittynest, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hi, this is my first post on TES!

I am thinking of applying for a PGDE/PGCE Primary course for 2012 entry. I am at Glasgow uni at the moment and have recently gained some experience in two primary schools in the city. However, I am originally from England and I have been considering applying to uni's nearer where my parents live. I was wondering if anyone knows whether applying to an English teacher training provider may be more difficult because I've only had experience in a Scottish primary setting, which has quite a different curriculum to the English primary system.

If there's anyone who can shed any light on this then that would be fantastic!

Thanks.

2. Hi, this is my first post on TES!

I am thinking of applying for a PGDE/PGCE Primary course for 2012 entry. I am at Glasgow uni at the moment and have recently gained some experience in two primary schools in the city. However, I am originally from England and I have been considering applying to uni's nearer where my parents live. I was wondering if anyone knows whether applying to an English teacher training provider may be more difficult because I've only had experience in a Scottish primary setting, which has quite a different curriculum to the English primary system.

If there's anyone who can shed any light on this then that would be fantastic!

Thanks.

3. RaymondSoltysek

RaymondSoltysek New commenter

Replied in the English forum to this.

4. hey!
    I live in Scotland and all my experience is in scottish primary schools, I have had a couple of interviews with two english universities and they never commented on this so I dont think it is a problem.
    Hope this helps and good luck!